1. Discuss how the the Ancient Greeks used scrolls rather than
books to write down important things.
2. Dilute gold paint. ( 2 parts paint to 1 part water)
3. Sponge or rag the paint all over the white strip of paper to
give it an antique look. If time allows do both sides.
4. Wrap each tube in gold wrapping paper.
5. When paint is dry, tape each end of the paper strip to a
different gold tube.
6. Roll the scroll up and tie with a piece of yarn or ribbon.
7. Scroll can be left blank or can be used to write a Greek
poem, Greek alphabet, etc.